Getting to know each other
- A face to face meeting is required to meet new clients and their dogs/pets in their home. We will not accept any bookings without meeting you and your animals in advance.
- Home Boarding dogs and dogs on our Dog Adventure Days/Doggie Day Care will need to meet our dogs so they can all be introduced. In some cases following our initial home assessment and information provided by the dogs owner, several meetings may need to take place so that all the dogs are happy.
All dogs must be fully up to date with:-
- Annual Vaccinations.
- Tick and flea treatments.
- Kennel Cough vaccine needs to be administered 3 weeks before boarding is to take place. Proof of and a copy of the vaccination is also required for our records.
- Vet records must be up to date, originals must be witnessed and available to be copied.
Forms and Contracts of Services
- All forms must to completed before bookings are confirmed.
- 50% non-refundable deposit must be paid to confirm Home Boarding and Dog/Pet Sitting booking. Outstanding balance must be paid 1 week before service commences.
- A weeks payment is required in advance for Dog Walking, Dog/Animal Transport, Walk and Talk, Group Walks and Dog/Small Animal Drop In’s and Dog Adventure Days/Doggie Day Care.
- Our Home From Home vehicle is fully insured for Social, Domestic and Business purposes.
- Details of our Business Insurance policy is available on request.
- Members of the public are welcome to accompany us but do so at their own risk.
Accidents, Observations, Changes in Pet Behaviour
- We will alert you to any accidents, incidents or changes in behaviour or health involving your dog/pets. We will contact you as soon as it is reasonably possible to do so. If you are unavailable we will contact your emergency contact.
- If we notice anything about your dog/pets which we feel you should know about. We will email or call you. If you are unavailable we will contact your emergency contact.
- If your dog/pets have an accident/incident or changes in health or behaviour you must contact us as soon as possible so we are made fully aware. We would prefer that you notify us by email so we can save the information on your dog/pets file.
Dangerous Dogs/ Aggressive Behaviour/Characteristics
- It is the responsibility of the dog/pet owner to inform us of any characteristics, aggressive behaviours or triggers which need to be known to us when we are handling and caring for your dog/pets.
- If your dog exhibits any aggressive or negative behaviour or is involved in an aggressive incident. We will return your dog home and refuse to walk your dog until a suitable muzzle is provided. We can provide a Dog/Pet Pop In service to help out until a muzzle is purchased.
- If your dog shows any signs of aggressive behaviour, however small, we will only be able to walk them separately and while wearing a muzzle. We can offer 1 to 1 walking and a free running session in our secure woodland price on application.
- We reserve the right to only walk dog breeds that we feel comfortable being in charge of.
- We require 72 hours notice, so we can reschedule our diary. If we get 72 hours notice you will be offered another date or a credit against a future booking.
- Cancelling a booking – Either party can cancel a booking.
- If due to severe weather conditions or ill health and we are unable to fulfil our contract, we will, where possible provide an alternative service, date or organise someone from Home From Home to stand in. We will contact the client to offer an alternative service if necessary or update them that a different person will walk or look after their dog/pet for that day.
- We will give notice of any periods of unavailability and annual leave to our regular customers.
Clients Personnel Information/Keys
- No information provided by our clients and their pets will be given to anyone or shared with anyone outside Home From Home staff. We value our clients and their pets privacy.
- When we are supplied with clients keys we will only collect and return the dogs or D
- drop in to see clients pets for no longer than our contract of service specifies. No keys will be copied. The keys will be kept safe, and not given to anyone else other than Home From Home staff. They will be returned to the client when the contract of service is completed or terminted.
Contract of Service
- We reserve the right to amend our Terms of Service at any time and without notice. An updated copy of our Terms of Service will be emailed to our clients for them to sign and return.
- A contract of service will be completed. An agreement will be made for the clients name and address, emergency contacts and numbers given, the number and names of dogs/pets to be looked after, type of service required, duration of service, times per day, payment per visit and final amount, deposit required and date of balance to be paid, health and medical record completed, veterinary details and contact numbers, immunisations checked and copies taken, Terms of Service read and signed to say that the client has read and agrees to adhere to them all.
- A log will be kept to record services carried to whom and for how long and when.
- Medicines will be stored in a named container provide by the client. Medicines will be administered as instructed and recorded in a log book.
- All contracts of service will be carried out mainly by Wendy Wallace and supported by David Wallace. We will on occasion appoint other people who will work under our instructions. They will be experienced in dog/pet care, insured and have Disclosure Certs.
Accident/Emergency Visits to a Vet
- You or your emergency contact will be update what has happened.
- If your dog/pet requires veterinary treatment that we deem non life threatening. We will take your dog/pet to your own vet as per your instructions.
- If your dog/pet is seriously injured we will take them to the nearest vets. We will as soon as possible contact you or your emergency contact.
- We can take your pet to veterinary appointments while in our care if required and if agreed at time of booking. Additional costs will apply.
Photographs of Dogs/Pets
- We will take photographs of your pets however we will not use any surnames or images of your property. If you do not wish your pets pictures to be placed on our website, Instagram or Face book pages. It is your responsibility to alert us if you do not wish us to photograph your pet.
Bitches in Season/ Male Dogs
- We cannot accept bitches in season to stay, be taken for walks or come to our home for walks. However we can provide a Dog Sitting Service/ Dog Drop In Service until their season has finished.
- Male dogs should ideally be neutered to stop marking in our home and dominating behaviour. However depending on our assessment visit we may be able to help. This does not apply to puppies and dogs under 2 years of age. We can however provide a Dog/Pet Sitting service or multiple dog walks during the day.
Equipment You should Supply for Your Pet
- If a muzzle (if required), collar, harness and lead is not supplied we reserve the right to refuse to walk your dog. We expect to be paid in full as if the walk had taken place. We do however carry extra leads and collar if a mistake is made. We will contact the client if we cannot find any dog walking equipment, just to check.
- While walking your dogs we will put one of our personnalise collars with our mobile number stitch in it on your dog. The collar will be removed when the walk is completed and your dog is return to your home.
- Home Boarding dogs should bring a clean bed, bowls, food for the duration of their stay, a few toys (Please be aware they will be shared some may get damaged), a lead and collar, small t-shirt with your scent on it to settle your dog at night, old towels for drying (Please name everything), combs/brushes and if bathing is required please provide shampoo (an additional cost is required for this service).
- PLEASE DO NOT bring soft toys, items of clothing other than a t-shirt or anything which is precious as we cannot guarantee you will get them back in one piece.
- Dog Adventure Days/Doggie Day Care it is the owners responsibility to provide leads/collars, poop bags, towels for drying, Equifleeces or similar, combs/brushes, food and bowls if staying over meal times and treats.
- Dog Walking it is the owners responsibility to provide collars, leads, towels, access to a hose, comb/brushes, poop bags and treats. If feeding is required please leave out food and bowls and inform us where and when. Water bowls will be filled up during each visit.
- Dog/Pet Pop In’s, Puppy/Elderly Dog Drop In’s it is the owners responsibility to provide towels for drying, hose for washing, comb/brushes, food and bowls, treats, shovel or poo bags for cleaning up after your dog etc. Water bowls will be filled up during each visit.
- Dog/Pet Transport animals must be secured for transport. We can supply a dog crate but all other animals must have a cage/crate supplied by their owners. If you do not have a cage/crate for your pet. Please let us know and for an additional charge we can provide one.
*Please note these services do not include dog grooming but we will do our best to comb out the worst tangled bits!
Poo Bags/Faeces Disposal
- We will not allow your dog to foul any public or private foot path. All faeces will be disposed of correctly. Owners are requested to supply poo bags for us to clean up after your dog. At home you will instruct us how you wish us to dispose of your dogs faeces ( recorded in our instruction forms).
Out and About
- Your dog will be kept on a lead except in our secure woodland enclosure or if we are secure that they have bonded with us sufficiently that their recall is reliable. We will get your written agreement before we let them off out with our woodland enclosure.
- We will endeavour to ensure that your dog is not a nuisance or a danger to the public, other dogs or ourselves. If this is the case we reserve the right to refuse to walking or looking after your dog in public place. We will offer 1 to 1 walks from our house in our enclosed woodland, an additional charge will be necessary for this service. If however this is not a positive experience for your dog or us we will terminate our contract immediately and will charge for any expenses incurred. We will keep you informed if your dog is unhappy.
About Our Business
- Business name: Home From Home, Home Boarding, Dog Walking and Pet Services.
- Business Owners: Wendy and David Wallace
- Address: Middle Third, Tullibardine, Auchterarder, Perth, PH3 1NJ
- Contact Telephone: 07950020820
- Email: email@example.com
- Website address: www.dogshomefromhome.co.uk
- Facebook: facebook.com/homefromhome101
- What’s App: 07950020820
Days and Times of Business
Dog Walking, Walk and Talk, Group Walks, Dog Adventure Days/ Doggie Day Care, Dog/Pet transport,
- Monday to Friday
- April to September 8.30 am to 6.30 pm
- October to March 9.30 am to 4.30 pm
Unless agreed by prior arrangement…..Please just ask!
Home Boarding, Dog/ Pet Sitting, Dog/ Pet Drop In’s, Puppy/ Elderly Dog Visits – Available all year except for family holidays.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are you insured?
Home from Home is fully insured with Pet Business Insurance. The vehicle that we use to transport our clients is covered by a Fully Comprehensive Policy.
What certificates do you have?
We have a Perth and Kinross Council Home Boarding Licence, A Canine First Aid Certificate, Disclosure Certificate and are members of The Professional Dog Walkers Association. We are also fully insured with the Pet Business Insurance Company.
How many dogs are walked at one time?
We like to keep our dog groups small to ensure that all our walks are safe and fun for all. Numbers may vary but we intend to keep the groups to a maximum of 3 when walking out with our home ground. We are only allowed to have a maximum of 3 dogs staying with us from one family plus my 3 that makes a maximum of 6.
Will we meet before you walk my dog?
Absolutely! Firstly we will come to you and meet you and your dog/pets. This is a free face to face meeting and a simple registration process, before any formal walks/ services are undertaken. You can ask us any questions and we can get to know how you like your dog/pets looked after. We’ll ask you to fill in a simple form about your dog or pets and then we’re good to go!
Where do you walk?
We are very fortunate to be surrounded by 450 acres of arable farmland and woods which my husband works on. We have been given permission to walk where we like. Our walks can either start from our house or from the owners home if requested. We also have access to a ½ acre securely fenced woodland, where the dogs can run free safe in the knowledge that no harm can come to them.
What do you do in an emergency?
If an emergency happens, we will immediately call you and notify you if the situation allows. At our first meeting we fill in emergency contact details. If veterinary help is required, we will take your dog/pets to your vet or the nearest vet if the situation requires immediate assistance. We have a Canine First Aid Certificate (2019) and carry a First Aid Bag.
What do I do if I need to cancel?
If you need to cancel, we would ask that you please give us at least 72 hours notice. We appreciate that circumstances can change! All we ask is that you keep us updated. We will offer another date or a credit against another date to be decided at our discretion.
What happens if my dog doesn’t get on with the other dogs?
If your dog is unhappy while in our care and we have tried various options, we will advise you. We will always update you if your dog is unhappy. We will work with you to come up with a plan to care for your dog.
My dog can be aggressive with other dogs and people, can you still walk my dog?
We will assess your dog, if they seem aggressive towards us, other dogs or the public, then we’re afraid it would be unfair for us to walk your dog.
We’re thinking of getting a puppy. Can you help as we work all day?
We offer a Dog/Pet Drop In service. We will pop in and visit your puppy. Our visit will include letting them out, playing, cuddles, socialising, feeding, watering and cleaning up any mess. We can also do some basic training and when they’re old enough they can come out on some of our walks. We can offer a ½ hour or 1 hour visit at multiple times during the day if required.
Can you give my dog/pets medication?
Yes, if you leave written instructions we will follow them.
What do you do in bad weather?
We all get wet! We always hose our dogs down after a walk if they get muddy. Your dogs will be cared for like they are ours! Please leave out plenty of dog towels so we can clean and dry off your dogs after our walk. We will dry them off as much as possible so your house doesn’t get filthy! If we are walking from your house, could you please leave dog towels and a hose so I can clean your dog. Please note we are not offering a washing service just a quick clean!
I don’t need my dog walked regularly. Can you help?
We’re happy to help everyone. We will meet you and your dog/pets, we will fill in all the relevant forms.
Once that’s done you can just contact us as and when you need our help.
Can my dog run free on your walks?
All dogs are walked on a lead expect when they are in our secure woodland where they can run free safely.
How many dogs are you allowed to stay at your house?
We are allowed to have a maximum of 3 dogs from the same family stay with us.
What vaccinations does my dog require in order to be walked/ boarded with you?
All dogs who home board or walk with us need to be up to date with their annual booster and kennel cough vaccinations. If kennel cough vaccination has not already been administered it should be given at the time of booking is accepted by Home From Home. Kennel cough takes 2 to 3 weeks to take effect prior to walking/ boarding with us. Dogs must also be up to date with vet quality wormer, tick and flea treatments. Evidence of Vaccinations are required on registration, paper copies are required no originals thank you! We can copy them for you if you don’t have access to a photocopier.
My dog might or could be in season when I need you to look after her. Can you have her?
No, we’re sorry! Basil our 2 year old working cocker is still a whole boy. We can offer a dog/pet sitting service instead of Home Boarding if that helps. Please look at my services page to see what we can offer.
Where will my dog sleep at night?
All our visiting dogs sleep in the kitchen or utility room area of our home. Dogs will sleep in their own clean beds provided by their owner. Dogs DO NOT sleep in our beds or bedrooms. Please start this routine several weeks prior to coming to stay with us, so we can all have a good night’s sleep!
Can my dogs bring their own food, treats, toys as well as their bed?
Yes, your dog is welcome to bring whatever will make it feel at ease but keep in mind just like children, the other dogs will want to share! Some may get damaged so please don’t send any sentimental toys. Please DO NOT send any slippers, clothing or life size toys. Please provide enough dog food for your dogs stay, a clean bed with a used blanket or t shirt that smells of home. Also please provide their favorite dog treats, grooming kit including dog shampoo, ear drops, poo bags, etc. All walking equipment.
Can I get an update on how my dog is doing whilst I’m away?
Yes, We will text you daily updates and pictures on What’s App.